|February 8th, 2017|
|GeneMANIA finds other genes that are related to a set of input genes, using a very large set of functional association data. |
Find more genes like these:
- If members of your gene list make up a protein complex, GeneMANIA will return more potential members of the protein complex.
- If your gene list consists of kinases, GeneMANIA will return more kinase genes.
- If members of your gene list are involved in a specific disease, GeneMANIA will return more genes putatively involved in the same disease.
- You want to perform a genetic screen with a phenotypic readout, for example. Enter the genes that you already know are likely to come out of your screen, for instance, genes known to underlie a specific phenotype. GeneMANIA will predict other genes underlying the phenotype, which can then be screened.
Tell me about my gene(s):
- If you enter a single gene, GeneMANIA will find interactions in which your gene participates, within the selected datasets.
- If you enter a gene list, GeneMANIA will return connections between your genes, within the selected datasets.
- If you enter a gene list, GeneMANIA will show you in which datasets your gene list is highly connected.
- If you enter genes from a protein interaction screen, like a pull down or yeast two-hybrid, and select only physical interaction networks, GeneMANIA will predict true positives (those more highly connected) and false positives (those less well connected.
|Free to all users|
|GeneMANIA: a real-time multiple association network integration algorithm for predicting gene function.|
Mostafavi S, Ray D, Warde-Farley D, Grouios C, Morris Q
Genome Biol. 2008;9 Suppl 1:S4.
The GeneMANIA prediction server: biological network integration for gene prioritization and predicting gene function.
Warde-Farley D, Donaldson SL, Comes O, Zuberi K, Badrawi R, Chao P, Franz M, Grouios C, Kazi F, Lopes CT, Maitland A, Mostafavi S, Montojo J, Shao Q, Wright G, Bader GD, Morris Q
Nucleic Acids Res. 2010 Jul;38(Web Server issue):W214-20.
GeneMANIA Cytoscape plugin: fast gene function predictions on the desktop.
Montojo J, Zuberi K, Rodriguez H, Kazi F, Wright G, Donaldson SL, Morris Q, Bader GD
Bioinformatics. 2010 Nov 15;26(22):2927-8.
GeneMANIA prediction server 2013 update.
Zuberi K, Franz M, Rodriguez H, Montojo J, Lopes CT, Bader GD, Morris Q.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2013 Jul;41(Web Server issue):W115-22.
GeneMANIA: Fast gene network construction and function prediction for Cytoscape.
Montojo J, Zuberi K, Rodriguez H, Bader GD, Morris Q.
F1000Res. 2014 Jul 1;3:153.
Novel function discovery with GeneMANIA: a new integrated resource for gene function prediction in Escherichia coli.
Vlasblom J, Zuberi K, Rodriguez H, Arnold R, Gagarinova A, Deineko V, Kumar A, Leung E, Rizzolo K, Samanfar B, Chang L, Phanse S, Golshani A, Greenblatt JF, Houry WA, Emili A, Morris Q, Bader G, Babu M.
Bioinformatics. 2015 Feb 1;31(3):306-10.
|Protein-Protein Interactions, Metabolic Pathways, Signaling Pathways, Pathway Diagrams, Transcription Factors / Gene Regulatory Networks, Genetic Interaction Networks|
|Pathway discovery tools|
|Genes / Proteins: ||163,599|
|Interactions / Reactions: ||597,392,998|
|Last Content Update: ||March 14th, 2017|
|Arabidopsis thaliana, Rattus norvegicus, Caenorhabditis elegans, Homo sapiens, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Mus musculus, Drosophila melanogaster|